Foundations of Frontline LeadershipName: Foundations of Frontline LeadershipDate: September 20, 2017Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM CDTEvent Description:Serving in a leadership role for the first time is exciting–and scary. Supervisors often have a hard time making the switch from identifying themselves as being of value as a producer to being of value as one who makes others productive. Some frontline leaders have the added pressure of leading a group they were once part of. Navigating these changes and managing complex relationships requires a great deal of emotional intelligence (EQ). Gain the foundation you need to redefine yourself as a leader and get work done through others. Register now!
This program has been approved for 6 General recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
This program is valid for 6 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
You will learn to:
- Differentiate between responsibilities of an individual contributor and a front-line supervisor
- Navigate the tricky transition from being a member of a team to the leader of the team
- Establish boundaries for yourself and your team
- Build influence skills
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness: Your values, priorities, and motivators
- Increase awareness of others’ values, priorities, and motivators
- Connect with others who are different from you
Welcome to Hibbing