The purpose of the Chamber’s Government Affairs committee is to serve our members through advocacy at all levels of government.
Who belongs: Any employee of a chamber member business or organization may sit on the Government Affairs Committee. Meetings are held at Old Mexico every third Monday of the month at noon. If interested, please contact us to be added to the committee roster.
- The groups primary focus is keeping members informed and represented at all government levels.
- Prior to the state legislative session the Committee researches upcoming legislative issues and presents them to the Chamber Board for consideration.
- The Committee monitors legislative activity through the Minnesota Chamber, the legislature and media and informs and advocates for our membership on emerging issues.
- On the local level the Committee also monitors public issues and informs our members of issues that may be important to them.
- The Committee may testify, or express an opinion on behalf of the membership.
- The Committee often holds candidate forums for City Council, Mayor, Legislative seats, County Commissioner, Congressional seats and possibly Constitutional Officers.
- The Committee often organizes and hosts visits to our community by political office holders.
The Hibbing Area Chamber of Commerce is a member and partner with the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
Each year this committee reviews the Minnesota Chamber's legislative positions and considers adoption. If you would like to comment or weigh in on current issues contact Lory Fedo, 218-262-3895, email@example.com.
Welcome to Hibbing